Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater
Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater [message #53028] Tue, 30 December 2008 14:04 Go to next message
limulus is currently offline  limulus
Esquire
Hello Everyone,
Who is using Pi horns in a home theater? We have a dedicated home theater with front projection and a screen wall that is 36" away from the actual fixed wall. I have acoustically transparent fabric over the false wall and an acoustically transparent projection screen over that. The room is 26x14'and acoustically treated. I also have a large sono sub behind the screen.

About 4-5 yrs ago, I purchased a Pi 8 kit but never took the parts out of the box. I currently have Audax HT MTM speakers for LR and an Audax WTMW for the center. I built those about six years ago and have loved them. I recently saw a photo of three large horn speakers behind a guy's screen and started to wonder. They were JBL but looked a lot like the Pi8 kit I bought.

Re: Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater [message #53029 is a reply to message #53028] Tue, 30 December 2008 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have a home theater setup with four π mains (JBL2226/B&CDE250) and three π subs. The television is plasma so I don't use a center channel. I use an Audio Note Kit 2 for the mains and Profet amps for the subs.

In my bedroom, I have a couple of two π towers that I use. I have a wall mounted LCD, so the speakers serve there too. The amp is a Stoetkit.

I also have seven π cornerhorns in my office (2226/Delta10/DE250), but they're not being used for home theater. My living room does not have two corners that would work well, so the fours are in the living room, sevens in the office.

Re: Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater [message #53030 is a reply to message #53028] Wed, 31 December 2008 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimbop is currently offline  jimbop
Viscount
There is someone who frequents the Bottlehead Forum at Audio Asylum that is using 4 Pi's for all 5 channels with all Bottlhead preamps and amps.

Re: Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater [message #53031 is a reply to message #53029] Thu, 01 January 2009 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne-o is currently offline  Wayne-o
Master
Are you using 3 different subs or a three pi with the 12lfa ? thanks .

Re: Pi Horns in a dedicated home theater [message #53032 is a reply to message #53031] Thu, 01 January 2009 22:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm using a pair of three π subwoofers:

Previous Topic: PI mid horn
Next Topic: Any 7pi users in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 21:43:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio