Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Room treatment with a Cherry on top, or...how I gained 24 1/2 grams
Room treatment with a Cherry on top, or...how I gained 24 1/2 grams [message #52631] Sun, 14 September 2008 10:30 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
My son-in-law brought his 41 year old ears over yesterday to hear the new speakers. After a brief listen, he commented that they sounded "really clear". I took that to mean, 'too bright'.

Last evening, I took the Owens-Corning 703 panels from the back walls and added them to the ones already on the side walls which covered almost all the wood paneling down the side. That helped. The room now sounds noticeably more damped and the brightness, attenuated but not gone.

I also orderd another 6 pac of 703 from ATS Acoustics, 1" thick this time which I will lay flat across wire or perhaps mono-filament just below the ceiling.

As for the Cherry:

Finished up the walnut armboard and mounted the tonearm this AM. It sounds great! Can't hear much difference between the 29 gram Cherry and and my 5.5 gram SME III. Had a little more to say at Audiocircle

Now I can interchange cartridges in minutes by switching armboards and not having to do any adjustments.

Re: Room treatment with a Cherry on top, or...how I gained 24 1/2 grams [message #64338 is a reply to message #52631] Thu, 14 October 2010 08:05 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
That's really nice! I also like your backdrop! Are those curtains? Did you make those, too? Somehow they are very "fitting" with the turntable.
Previous Topic: 4pi
Next Topic: 4pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 17:11:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout