Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » So this is being a DJ...
So this is being a DJ... [message #52202] Wed, 11 June 2008 23:47 Go to next message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
All, Last week I got asked to save a friend's son's wedding by providing tunes (their guy flaked). So, I packed up my 4 Pi's,
amp rack, and mixer, iPod, etc. and headed out. I'll spare you the details, but on the system side, I've got Eminence Omega Pro 15's,
and Altec 811-B's with new Selenium D220Ti drivers, 2 Behringer power amps, a Behringer DCX2496 crossover, and a Behringer DEQ2496
digital EQ + RTA + stuff. The 4 Pi's have Eminence PSD2002 drivers and Selenium horns with standard Pi passive crossovers, but bi-amping to the
811's and D220's at ~1.6KHz are a significant improvement. I'm totally impressed with them, and from PE, they are fairly cheap.

I've attached a couple of pictures. One of the setup at the wedding with the father of the groom, the other the rack.

Once I got all the connections and levels set, the sound was *very* impressive. In a word, it sounded BIG. So much so that I turned
the bass down a little. The setup can get very loud, but its so clean its hard to judge how loud it really is. *Very* nice...
At ~5ft, it was running ~95dB, with plenty of room to crank it up way more. Didn't get the chance.
This may become a retirment job...
Mixer, speakers, and father of the groom.
Rack with EQ, xover, and amps
Chris

Re: So this is being a DJ... [message #52203 is a reply to message #52202] Thu, 12 June 2008 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kev is currently offline  Kev
Esquire
The tuneage was awesome and very large sounding, and the level lights were all off, that tells you there's even plenty for outside gigs.Everything was magic thanks to the grooms dads best friend, he's always been there, for 30 years, thsnkx Chris.....

Kev

Re: So this is being a DJ... [message #52219 is a reply to message #52202] Fri, 13 June 2008 20:28 Go to previous message
ol Dave is currently offline  ol Dave
Esquire
Hey, I recognize that father of the grooom. God,I want to be out your way sooooooo bad.I just did 10 straight days implementing IBM pseries vios server for a pilot project. 15 bucks to park and no sh@t 2 hours bumper to bumper to get home. You have know idea how many time I clicked by red slippers. I don't do downtown! yo gotta be sh@ttin' me. I see retirement beingmoved up. I've more than proved everything to myself I needed to. Oh how I yern for time to work guitars. tomorrow nix the pc nix the car. I'm sittin' on my bum.

Chris, your sound system sounds like it was made my IBM. TMItoo much interfacing. Bet you were rockin some butts though!

Previous Topic: Comments on this low-efficiency 2-way?
Next Topic: Since no one asked...(long)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:22:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout