Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mounting Eminence Driver
Mounting Eminence Driver [message #51844] Sun, 24 February 2008 00:24 Go to next message
Champion is currently offline  Champion
Baron
What size of T-nuts should I use for mounting the Eminence Delta 12LF driver for 3Pi? The ones that I get in my local hardware store are M4/M5 4 prong and are too wide. Any other options?

Wayne, do you have any suitable T-nuts and screw that I can buy from you and get them ship together with the kit?

Many thanks.

Re: Mounting Eminence Driver [message #51847 is a reply to message #51844] Sun, 24 February 2008 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

When I use T-Nuts, I usually use 10-32 size with button head or hex head screws. But for the H290 compression horn and for the woofers on one π, two π and three π speakers, I like to use these fasteners:

T-Nuts are good when post-construction serviceability is a concern, like for prosound speakers. But if you won't be going inside your speakers a lot, these screws are fine. They look good and will hold until about 20 loosening/tightening cycles, when the wood will stretch enough to tear through.

Re: Mounting Eminence Driver [message #51849 is a reply to message #51847] Sun, 24 February 2008 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Champion is currently offline  Champion
Baron
Thanks Wayne. Could you please check the link as it seems to be broken. 20 cycles should be enough for me. Do you use brass/steel inserts at all?

Do I need any add any sealing between the driver and the baffle? Or is the gasket that come with the Delta 12 good enough?

Thanks alot.

Re: Mounting Eminence Driver [message #51851 is a reply to message #51849] Sun, 24 February 2008 18:29 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Perhaps IDXmart has gone out of business. Here are some from Parts Express:
If you use a good quality wood, no inserts will be needed. The gasket on the driver is fine, so I never apply any gook.

Previous Topic: 12Pi v2
Next Topic: Wayne, crossover and L-pad confusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 24 13:22:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout