Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Alpha 8 or 10?
Alpha 8 or 10? [message #51829] Sun, 17 February 2008 10:05 Go to next message
hdspeakerman is currently offline  hdspeakerman
Esquire
Wayne,
I am a first time poster so if this type of question is not allowed please delete. I have a pair of Peerless horn tweeters (811647)and would like to try them in a two way. Sensitivity is 99 with Fs of 1040 hz. Any thoughts or recommendations? Howard

Re: Alpha 8 or 10? [message #51832 is a reply to message #51829] Sun, 17 February 2008 15:28 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like it might make a great little two-way system. I tried to find the Peerless 811647 tweeter on the Tymphany website but could not. But based on what you said, I'd probably pad the tweeter a little bit and crossover somewhere between 2kHz and 4kHz, if the tweeter will go that low. If the tweeter works nicely around 2kHz but rolls off a bit up high, then maybe bypass the padding with a capacitor for top-octave augmentation. If the tweeter is more of a super-tweeter, it might not go down very low and you'll want to run the midwoofer up as high as possible. In that case, I doubt you'll need EQ in the top octave. Let us know how it works out.

Previous Topic: Adventures in biamping
Next Topic: Sale Pending; Seven Pi Professional Sevens JBL in Cherry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 23:36:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout