Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hey, Bill Epstein Any info on your 4pi Pros?
Hey, Bill Epstein Any info on your 4pi Pros? [message #51533] Sun, 04 November 2007 00:02 Go to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor
Esquire
I have been smitten by your "homage to the Altec Model 19" for some time and was wondering if you had a page or build info/pics of that fine speaker.

Thanks

Re: Hey, Bill Epstein Any info on your 4pi Pros? [message #51534 is a reply to message #51533] Sun, 04 November 2007 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Let's see....the cabinets are at Speakermans, the 2226's are in the BatSpeaker bass boxes, the 902's and 811's went to a guy in Texas,IIRC.

Remaining pix:

All I could find.

The 4 cu ft box with 2226 and B&C DE-250 on top with woodhorn sounds better. Much better.

A lot of the success is due to the 4 cu ft box tuned to 42 Hz instead of the 8 cu ft tuned to 37 Hz of the 19s. Also using a motor run cap for the 22uF in the crossover and a Kimber in teh attenuation circuit. Biggest improvement, tho' is the B&C driver.

I don't know if I'll ever spend an entire summer veneering 12 sides with multiple leafs. The BatSpeakers look like shit and sound heavenly. There's a lesson there.

Of course, nothing I build will ever take the place of these:

Thanks for your kind words.

Re: Hey, Bill Epstein Any info on your 4pi Pros? [message #51678 is a reply to message #51534] Sun, 06 January 2008 03:11 Go to previous message
SamL is currently offline  SamL
Esquire
Hi Bill,
New to this forum so hope you don't mind me asking a question that may have been asked many times. What is the crossover point between the JBL 2226H and DE250? Is this a Pispeakers design as I don't see the DE250 option on the web site. I am quite keen on using the same drivers and after a long search I found your post in this forum.

TIA

Previous Topic: Foolin' around with the RS SPL meter
Next Topic: pi 12 plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 22 20:45:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers