Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » positioning pi 2 towers
positioning pi 2 towers [message #51513] Sun, 28 October 2007 17:02 Go to next message
freo is currently offline  freo
Esquire
Hi
I have just finished the pi 2 towers and was wondering how far from the back wall should they be placed, being rear ported I would imagine as far away as possible is this correct? the only problem with this is my wife
Regards Roger

Re: positioning pi 2 towers [message #51515 is a reply to message #51513] Sun, 28 October 2007 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like having them nearly against the back wall, about 4" away. They shouldn't be placed directly against the wall because it will impede the port and modify tuning. But you can put them 4" to 6" away and they sound good.

Re: positioning pi 2 towers [message #51516 is a reply to message #51515] Sun, 28 October 2007 22:32 Go to previous message
freo is currently offline  freo
Esquire
Thanks Wayne
I am very happy with the sound of the pi 2 towers a friend came around today and had very positive things to say about them, he has a great knowledge in this area, having used quad, monitor audio, vaf, and b&w speakers, he said they were the most musical speakers he had heard apart from his beloved apogee's
Thanks for making this design available to us all
Regards From Australia
Roger

Previous Topic: 12pi basshorn subwoofer
Next Topic: Theater Seven Pi Question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 12:04:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio