Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My Bottlehead / Pi 5 channel system: getting there
My Bottlehead / Pi 5 channel system: getting there [message #51489] Sat, 20 October 2007 16:43 Go to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
We moved to the new house about a month ago. The speakers are done. The whole system is now setup using alternate SET amps for the center and rear channels because I still need to finish the Paramounts. Anyway, we're enjoying it a lot. Here's a picture of the front section:

and the rear section:

Re: My Bottlehead / Pi 5 channel system: getting there [message #51493 is a reply to message #51489] Mon, 22 October 2007 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's awesome! How does it sound? Do the amps have enough "oomph" for action movies?

Re: My Bottlehead / Pi 5 channel system: getting there [message #51494 is a reply to message #51493] Mon, 22 October 2007 12:24 Go to previous message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
So far it sounds awesome. I still need to build the center channel and surround amps because currently I'm using 2 watts for the CC and less than 1 for the surrounds.

It looks like it'll be able to handle the oomph without any problem. I'm currently crossing over to the SW at 40hz so if I feel I need more power I can raise that frequency to 60 or 80 HZ and relieve the amps from the very demanding low frequencies. The SW has a 1.4kW amp!

Thanks for your comments and help,

xavier

Previous Topic: Stage4 - after one year of ownership
Next Topic: Hornresp - New Website Address
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 11:07:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers