Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage4 - after one year of ownership
Stage4 - after one year of ownership [message #51482] Tue, 16 October 2007 10:31 Go to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
Hi Wayne,

I finished my pi stage4 1 year ago. I could not be happier, great product. I have had no urge to do anything else than listen to these speakers:) I know one could do this and that but I find no reason as I am just smiling everytime I put on the music.....

Since a year it is also residing in the living room - fully embraced by the government - smile.

Take care,

Roland

Re: Stage4 - after one year of ownership [message #51483 is a reply to message #51482] Wed, 17 October 2007 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Very nice.
Roland, is that solid teak with unbrako (SOCKET HEAD CAP) type screws? ...amazing!

Re: Stage4 - after one year of ownership [message #51488 is a reply to message #51483] Sat, 20 October 2007 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks... but it's all much more simple:)

I used solid Oak - not teak. I do not have access to teak oooo:) would have loved it though. Surface was soaked in oil, then sanded... then wiped off, oiled again.....etc.

To put the pieces together I used "Flachdübel" (They are flat, sort of eye-shaped wooden dowels - dunno in English). These dowels are great as they also garantee a great fit, granted the grooves for the dowels are correctely spaced of course. As you pointed out, they are not visible which I like as well.

Roland

Re: Stage4 - after one year of ownership [message #51490 is a reply to message #51488] Sat, 20 October 2007 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master

I checked your "Flachdübel" dowels Roland. Great job.
I bet you have toarx screws (if you buy them in black you make a killer speaker). My congratulations for your masters carpenter work. The wood-look beats all the specs. (And to Wayne too for his Pi speakers of course, another genius that makes all possible, ha!

:) that's it [message #51491 is a reply to message #51490] Sat, 20 October 2007 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Agreed....Wayne's the man.

One day I'll get some black bolts - difficult to find here though. But would definately look better.

Thanks again for the kind words,

Roland

Re: :) that's it [message #51492 is a reply to message #51491] Sun, 21 October 2007 09:14 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
in USA, most call those joiners "biscuits"- it's not too expensive to buy the tools to use them. If you want darker screws, just buy some brass ones and have someone at a metal or antique shop darken them however dark you want them. You can also look up ways to do it on 'net if you want. They can go all the way to black, or anywhere in between. They look good with a little brass still showing in the slots...

Previous Topic: theater six plan request
Next Topic: My Bottlehead / Pi 5 channel system: getting there
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 04:17:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout