Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Ghost Dog
Ghost Dog [message #5125] Fri, 12 March 2004 12:37 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Any "Ghost Dog", fans out there? Anyone who likes cinematography needs to check out,"Urzu Dersla", simple morality play but astounding photos of Siberia.

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5126 is a reply to message #5125] Fri, 12 March 2004 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Is it like a Bruce Lee film? I just did a quick lookup on Amazon and it looked like it might be something like that. What's it about?

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5128 is a reply to message #5126] Sat, 13 March 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It stars Forest Whiticker as an excentric guy living on a rooftop in Brownsville and raising pidgeons who happens to be a hitman who follows the samurai code of honor. He gets bound up with this two-bit mobster from the local wiseguy crew. Whenever they need a hit done they have to send him a message via pidgeon. He has all this high tech gear naturally but the film doesn't focus on that it's mostly about a misunderstanding that leads to the mobsters trying to hit him. The brothers call him Ghost Dog because he is able to move around without attracting attention. Why is it that all the really strong male acting roles seem to be going to black guys? The best male actors are mostly black, just think of the names. Now name one strong white male actor. Vin Diesel??? Just a thought, and I mean the good actors are all black. Except maybe that crazy scottish guy from Trainspotting. How's that for rambling? Anybody see that British flick where the two friends are jobless so they decide to buy this old hot-dog truck and sell bangers and mash? Bust-a-gut funney but I can't remmember the name.

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5130 is a reply to message #5128] Sat, 13 March 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hmm, cool! I'll have to check that out.

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5132 is a reply to message #5125] Wed, 17 March 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
I am:

Great movie, funny and off-beat. Which is right up my alley. Heres a couple. "Donny Darko". Airliner's engine falls off plane into teen's parents house, teen starts to have visions-seeing a manevolent looking bunny rabbit that tells him to do various distructive acts. Time and space are warped. Then there's "Exestenze". Video games hooked up directly to ones spinal canal can result in freaky assasination attempts with "organic weapons".
Art house films can be sometimes very strange!

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5134 is a reply to message #5132] Thu, 18 March 2004 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Rick, Two things about art house films, quirky is good but they must have a hook, some kind of primal emotional connection, Tarentino said he writes his movies so you can play them like a stack of 45 rpm records, either all at once or portioned out according to mood and Pulp Fiction is a perfect example. Ever see "Down By Law"?, "Stranger Than Paradise"?

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5136 is a reply to message #5134] Fri, 19 March 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
Uhh, yeah right. I meantioned the two films in my post because I liked them, pure and simply. They hooked me and I think I ate alot of charred meat afterwards. What are the two you meantioned about? I don't know about them. Here's two more from me. The Big Lebowski. A Cohen bros. film about mistaken identity, an old pot head, kidnapping and bowling. And, The brother from another planet. Space guy, "Joe Morgan" crashes on earth. He has inate healing properties but he's mute. His quest for survival is just living with humanity and learning our absurd culture. He's also being chased by slave hunters from beyond the stars. Funny movie.

Re: Ghost Dog [message #5137 is a reply to message #5136] Fri, 19 March 2004 11:36 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Brother From Another Planet, I can't beleive you remmember that, a great flick now I gotta go rent it. How about "Watermelon Man"! White guy comes home to his house in the suburbs, goes to sleep and wakes up black. I know it sounds dumb but I always liked the old version of "Car Wash", I still crack up when the boss changes the radio station from top 40 to classical and all the workers start moving in slow motion. One more"Vanishing Point", Barry Newman has to drive his '70 Dodge Challenger across country in 24 hours.

Previous Topic: Oasis Wonderwall
Next Topic: Brian Setzer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 01:32:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout