Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » A rotary woofer?
A rotary woofer? [message #51302] Wed, 01 August 2007 14:36 Go to next message
Patrick Watkins is currently offline  Patrick Watkins
Esquire
I ran across this today while researching the demise of one of my favorite computer speaker companies Monsson Audio and couldn't resist posting it here:

"...The TRW-17, In 2006 a new type of sound reproducer, the worlds first rotary woofer was introduced. It has specifications and performance capability like no other woofer on the market. It can reproduce sound from 0Hz to 20hz and is designed to fill in below the frequency range of existing subwoofers. Eminent Technology now faces the challenge of convincing the general public and engineers that we can hear below 20Hz and content exist that can be reproduced."

http://www.eminent-tech.com/history/eminenthistory.htm

Enjoy!

Patrick

Re: A rotary woofer? [message #51303 is a reply to message #51302] Wed, 01 August 2007 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Someone posted a link to the TRW-17 in the Exotic Audio forum too. It's an air pump, basically a variable speed fan. A novel approach to modulating pressures under 20Hz.

The little Eminent Technology LFT-16 speakers were at the Great Plains Audiofest in 2005. I saw and heard them there.

Re: A rotary woofer? [message #51304 is a reply to message #51302] Thu, 02 August 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harry Bauhls is currently offline  Harry Bauhls
Esquire
My company, "Harry Bauhls High-End Audio" has been selling Rotary Woofers for many years. We have many models from small bookshelf (table top)units to floor standing units to ceiling mounted. We even have units for the automotive crowd offering electric and engine driven models. There are many options available, including color, multi speed, oscillating, battery and AC power. We even have hand held portable units!

Re: A rotary woofer? [message #51309 is a reply to message #51304] Sat, 04 August 2007 02:19 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
What do you mean Harry (?), show us a pic.

Previous Topic: Wood for Mechanical Music Instruments
Next Topic: Pi Seven progress at last
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 21:56:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout