Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi speakers for Home theatre
Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51289] Sun, 29 July 2007 05:15 Go to next message
Warrick is currently offline  Warrick
Esquire
Hi There,
I have a room 5.2m x 3.9m (17' x 13' approx) which I will be converting to a Home Cinema. After looking at this site I was thinking of the Theater seven Pi with a Theater four Pi for a centre. Would this be to much for this size room. To give a match for the L&R is adding a Midrange a good idea and what is involved (Components and Cost)

If this sounds like a good selection then can I get the appropriate plans

Regards

Warrick

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51290 is a reply to message #51289] Sun, 29 July 2007 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a great setup if you have the room. Those are large speakers. You might look at the Stage or Professsional Series too. They're smaller and sound great. The Professional Series is our best.

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51292 is a reply to message #51290] Sun, 29 July 2007 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I have just found the dimensions of the speakers and they are big, are the cabinet measurements to the top of the tweeter ??
If these are too big what would you suggest for my size room ??
Do you have any photos to show relative size of the different speakers

Regards

Warrick

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51293 is a reply to message #51292] Sun, 29 July 2007 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would suggest Stage or Professional Series. These two series of models use the same cabinets, so you can start with Stage and upgrade drivers later.

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51294 is a reply to message #51293] Mon, 30 July 2007 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks for your reply Wayne,
Your help is greatly appreciated.
The Stage Seven Pi is 12" shorter which will help in the WAF (Wife approval factor)
But you didn't answer my other questions are the measurements just for the bass box or are they the total height to the top of the tweeter.
Are the crossovers the same in the Stage and the Professional or will there an upgrade there too ?
So for the centre channel then a Stage Four Pi would be recommended ?
Would a mid horn upgrade also be recommended to keep the sound even across the sound stage
Sorry if I am asking lots of questions but if you know nothing there is only one way to find out

Regards

Warrick

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51295 is a reply to message #51294] Mon, 30 July 2007 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The height listed on the website is overall, including the midhorn and tweeter sitting on top of the bass bin. The bass bin for the Stage and Professional Series seven π is only about three feet tall. All seven π crossovers are the same if they contain the same midrange driver and tweeter, so swapping the woofer from a Stage Series seven π with a JBL 2226 to make it a Professional Series model won't require a crossover change. A matching four π center channel would be nice, even better with a midhorn.

Re: Pi speakers for Home theatre [message #51297 is a reply to message #51289] Mon, 30 July 2007 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
I'm currently building five pro four speakers for an HT/5.1 system. Two pis are done and they sound very nice. I will be powering them with 300B amps.

Theres's two schools of thought on multichannel systems. Most people use different amps and speakers for the "mains", center and rear channels as well as different amps. That's an easier way of getting there. The second school, to which I adhere, is that the best way of achieving a real 3D involving and integrated sound is to use identical amps and speakers for each channel (except the SW of course). Maybe it is not necessary but certainly it won't hurt.

Given your room's size I definitely recommend the pro fours.

Stage Series Seven Pi Plans Please [message #51298 is a reply to message #51295] Mon, 30 July 2007 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Those sizes don't sound so daunting knowing that they are a total height.
Wayne could I please get a copy of the Stage Series Seven Pi corner horn and Stage Series Four Pi plans
As I would be looking at getting the kits what sort of shipping costs are involved to ship to Western Australia. Would it be better to source the heavy bits locally and get the smaller bits from you.
Should I be asking these questions off forum ?
Thanks again for all you help

Regards

Warrick

You've got mail! [message #51299 is a reply to message #51298] Mon, 30 July 2007 16:41 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Horn
Next Topic: JBL 2226 vs EV EVX-155
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 23:26:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers