Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Midrange Horn Measurement problems
Re: Midhorn parameters and what changes what [message #51083 is a reply to message #51068] Sat, 12 May 2007 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
swett is currently offline  swett
Baron

Thanks. Given the long gating(much longer than the first bounce) I'm using for this measurement, its quite flat. Should be indicative of a good in-room response.

I've noticed that floor bounce can still be visible in the measurements, but it doesn't show up as a large coherent spike with the midhorn, which is an indication of its good directivity control.

This measurement was with an even shorter horn(9" average length) and a 10"x16" mouth. It also has a slightly larger(5.5" dia) throat. I made some measurements with the 5" dia throat as well, but overall the larger throat measurements looked a bit better.

My main concern now is with off-axis(ie: +/- 20 deg) response. Its not nearly as flat as on-axis. Its possible that will just smooth out once these are in a corner, however. Have you(or anyone else) ever experimented with transitions between the conical angle and the flat front?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wayne, question about One and Two Pi XO