Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » six π corner horn
six π corner horn [message #50945] Sat, 07 April 2007 00:40 Go to next message
memoose is currently offline  memoose
Esquire
I have a pair of Delta 12lf waiting a project, so it limits my design options. I realize that a sand amp is basically required or a higher watt tube set up, so that will have to come later. I have been playing with Mack style Alpha 6a ten sided conical horns and will likely marry them to the corner horn. I also have picked up a pair or G2Si, but with a system approaching 101dB will they be the limiting factor at 96dB? I wanted to marry them to my Lowther Dx3s so no loss, if the recommendation is to keep the PSD2002 as a tweeter option. Does the recommended crossover integrate well with the Alphas or do you have another recommendation?

Re: six π corner horn [message #50947 is a reply to message #50945] Sat, 07 April 2007 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A midhorn using an Alpha 6A needs a higher crossover point but other than that, it's a pretty good deal. I like being able to crossover lower, because it allows greater distance between woofer and mid. I also like the sound of one source covering the majority of the important 200-2kHz decade. That's why I chose a larger midhorn. But the Alpha 6A is a nice driver and you can make a good midhorn from it.

Re: six π corner horn [message #50949 is a reply to message #50947] Sat, 07 April 2007 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I figure I will have to maintain a 250-300 to 1.6+ Hz xover. I just was playing with the Alpha 6A as I wanted to build a nice mid horn for fun, but now I want to see if I can blend it into a suitible working speaker. Can I have plans for the six then to proceed in that direction with the delta 12lf. I figure the 2002 driver is the best tweeter to integrate into this per your plans. Love to see wood horn plans if available of bringing this to life as well. Thanks, Larry

You've got mail! [message #50950 is a reply to message #50949] Sat, 07 April 2007 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Crossover ? [message #50951 is a reply to message #50950] Mon, 09 April 2007 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Please verify. I'm building a six. The seven crossover applies to the six? Thanks, Larry

Re: Crossover ? [message #50952 is a reply to message #50951] Mon, 09 April 2007 00:50 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I sent plans for the Theater Series six π cornerhorn loudspeaker. The crossover is similar between the six π and seven π, depending on the midrange drivers used. There is a chart that shows different values for drivers that require slight changes.

Previous Topic: 4 Pi Tweaks?
Next Topic: my two cents
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 05:45:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout