Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi4 Pro: two down three to go
Pi4 Pro: two down three to go [message #50776] Wed, 07 March 2007 09:16 Go to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
As I mentioned before I had to accelerate the finishing of two of my five speakers to be used temporarily in my two channel system. I lacquered them in white and they look very impressive. I only need to add the pi logo (how do I do this, are there decals or something?).

How long do these speakers take to break in? Right now the sound from the tweeter is very dull and the woofer sounds muffled and congested. But the drivers have not been broken in yet.

Thanks a lot,

xavier

ps. I will post pics over the weekend.

Re: Pi4 Pro: two down three to go [message #50777 is a reply to message #50776] Wed, 07 March 2007 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Logos are sent out with kits. A long time ago, before I sold kits, I sent logos out pretty much to anyone that asked. After I started selling kits, that was no longer usually necessary. But I'll still do it if you'll send me your mailing address. This has always been about making cool stuff, not so much about generating revenues.

Do be sure and check your crossover. The speakers should sound good from the first time they're used. The suspension frees up a bit after a few minutes of use, and there may be some long-term change that people perceive as break-in. But the speakers should sound good right from the start.

Wow! [message #50789 is a reply to message #50777] Fri, 09 March 2007 11:21 Go to previous message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
After my first post I've listened to them yesterday and the night before. Either they did break-in very fast or my brain broke-in but I liked them very much (or maybe the first day I was expecting them not to sound nice at first fire off?). Very different to my other speakers (full rangers) but the sound can get massive and the tonality is fantastic. Boy have you heard trumpets through these speakers!!?

Just in case I checked the crossovers and they seem to be correct.

Pics this weekend and the other three speakers on the next weeks. I suspect I'll have a fantastic 5.1 system!

Previous Topic: Pi 2 Towers
Next Topic: Theater 4 for sale in Denver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 17:27:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout