Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Bottlehead/Pi 5.1 system. Progress so far: The Bones. To Doc, PJ and Wayne!
Bottlehead/Pi 5.1 system. Progress so far: The Bones. To Doc, PJ and Wayne! [message #50680] Sun, 11 February 2007 13:30 Go to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
I'm in the process of building a 5.1 channel system for my new house's toys/tv/5.1-music room :>). The 5.0 system will be powered by five 300B Bottlehead Paramount amps with five Pi speakers Pro fours with JBL Pro woofers and tweeters.

Progress so far: I have sourced all of the parts except for the R13 insulation for the speakers. Everything except for the woofers was sourced in the US and has slowly traveled down to Mexico. The woofers I was able to find them down here and cheaper than in the US (first time in this hobby). I have had all of the speakers' panels cut. I have already built the frames of the speakers, the bases of the amps and painted the amps chassis and power trannies covers.

This picture, hopefully the first of a series, is dedicated to two groups of people in no particular order. First to all those who say that using SETs or even tubes for HT is not worth it. second to Doc B., Paul Joppa and Wayne Parham: you guys know why!!

Re: Bottlehead/Pi 5.1 system. Progress so far: The Bones. To Doc, PJ and Wayne! [message #50681 is a reply to message #50680] Sun, 11 February 2007 13:47 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very cool. That is going to be one sweet sounding system.

Thanks for the post and please keep us up to date with your progress.

Previous Topic: Thermionic Eights
Next Topic: Wayne, can I have the plans for the 10pi?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 02:31:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio