Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional?
Crossover choices [message #50539 is a reply to message #50428] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PPoli is currently offline  PPoli
Chancellor
I’m still deciding if buying the JBL 2426 for the upper registry or go with a cheaper one such as Eminence 2002 or better B&C DE500 which seems to have flatter response and, mostly, I can get it locally at a good price.

The main advantage of using the expensive JBL driver could be a lower admitted crossover cut, e.g. at 800 Hz, as suggested in the 2426 datasheet. I haven’t read anything about 800 Hz cut in the forum. At least using the search function: I’m going back reading the topics but it is a time consuming activity, even if really interesting.
800 Hz seems to be a better cut for the couple JBL 2226-2426, but not allowed for any of the other driver mentioned.
I also found a schema for it in the documentation you gently sent me, Wayne.

Can I deduct this is an available option?
And in case, what would be sonically better for you, 1,6Khz or 0,8Khz?

A great advantage, in my opinion, would be that the 2226 has a lack in the off-axis response over 500 Hz which became “important” (-15db) at 1600Hz.

Off-axis response is not so critical in my listening environment, but I prefer to do things in the better (affordable) way.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message