Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » ultimate home theater speaker for use w/ sub
ultimate home theater speaker for use w/ sub [message #50446] Fri, 29 December 2006 10:47 Go to next message
catfish is currently offline  catfish
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your efforts, generosity and this site. I built a set of Two Pi Studios about a year ago and have really enjoyed them. They are the main L/R (no center) in my living room home theater crossed at 80hz to my sub.

I'm looking to step up to something with even higher efficiency and higher max SPL using the PSD2002...but can't afford the real estate of the other Pi designs. What are your thoughts for a quasi-Three Pi Theater with much smaller deminsions? I only need it to be flat to 80hz. This would be the ultimate HT speaker in my mind...2-way w/ compression horn + large midwoofer, flat from ~80-16k+, 98db+ efficiency, high power handling, yet small enough to be stand/shelf/wall mounted.

Thanks in advance.

Re: ultimate home theater speaker for use w/ sub [message #50448 is a reply to message #50446] Sat, 30 December 2006 10:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you could make a nice speaker like you've described, small, high efficiency but with relatively high bass cutoff. I would look at something like the Omega 12 or JBL 2206 for the woofer though. The Delta's will get a bit underdamped in a box that's too small.

Previous Topic: 9 Pi Midbass horn
Next Topic: Happy New Year
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 31 01:29:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout