Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional?
Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional? [message #50423] Mon, 25 December 2006 12:00 Go to next message
PPoli is currently offline  PPoli
Chancellor
Hi Wayne
I’m looking for a good plan for a couple of speakers to match with my 300B SE amplifier.
I found Pi projects really interesting but I have a couple of questions for you.

My living room is, more or less 5*5 meters (200”*200”), 3 meters high, irregular, but without available corners. The listening point is 3 meter from loudspeakers which are 3 meters distant each other and half to one meter from the rear wall.

Due to small space I was thinking of build a couple of Stage IV, but I run into your doubt regarding impedance to match them with SE tube amplifier. A solution could be the Professional series, at almost double the price.
A friend of mine is building the Theater IV but they seem to be huge to me.

- Any suggestion from you?
- What about development of Audiophile series with the new B&C woofer (and the optimized crossover)? Would they be available soon?
- is it possible to have plans of Stage, Audiophile and Professional IV?
- the JBL 2226 datasheet suggest 1200 Hz maximum frequency, is it compatible with Professional IV (1600 Hz cutting frequency)?
- I read some topics concerning a Mid-Horn, possibly to add in a second time. Why don’t you use it in non-corner speakers?
- do you ship to Italy and how much would it cost for a couple of kits?

Thank you

Paolo Poli
Italy

Go Professional Series [message #50428 is a reply to message #50423] Tue, 26 December 2006 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I suggest the Professional Series four π speakers, or maybe the hybrid that uses the Pro four π bass bin with the seven π midhorn, tweeter and crossover. You can start out with the four π and upgrade by adding the midhorn later, if you want. I'm dropping the Audiophile Series because the Eminence Magnums are no longer available and I don't have time to test and optimize the designs for the B&C woofers like I had planned. I do think they would be fine woofers for the seven π though, so if you can get them at a good price, you might try them and see how you like them.

Re: Go Professional Series [message #50432 is a reply to message #50428] Wed, 27 December 2006 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Thank you
Professional IV would be ok, maybe with Eminence 2002 at the beginning and in a two way setting to limit cost.
JBL 2226 seems to be a really interesting woofer.

What about plans?
And shipping? Would it be to expensive?

Paolo

Re: Go Professional Series [message #50433 is a reply to message #50432] Wed, 27 December 2006 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
I found that I can source JBL woofers in Mexico. Not only I save on shipping charges but also they are cheaper than in the US. Go to the JBL pro web page and find the link to your country distributor. Call them and ask them about the 2226. They don't carry the 2426 in Mexico though but you may be luckier.

xavier

Re: Go Professional Series [message #50436 is a reply to message #50433] Thu, 28 December 2006 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Yes, xcortes.
From what I learned in this forum JBL have different prices, and models in Europe and in the US. Always consider prices from Wayne because he buys bundle.
Check here for type of transport. (Add customs & EU-taxes)

You've got mail! [message #50438 is a reply to message #50432] Thu, 28 December 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent plans to your E-Mail address. Shipping kits surface parcel post to Italy would cost about $50.00 each.

Re: Go Professional Series [message #50441 is a reply to message #50436] Thu, 28 December 2006 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
My goal is not save 50-100$.
Under, more or less, same condition I prefer to buy speakers from Wayne.
He is doing a god job with the forum and I’d like to consider him for the time and energy he is spending in PiSpeaker research
My main doubt are about high shipping cost, but the $/€ rate help me nowadays.

Re: You've got mail! [message #50442 is a reply to message #50438] Thu, 28 December 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Sorry I posted another replay before reading this topic.

50$ each for shipping is not much. I'll made you now someting.

Thank you

Re: You've got mail! [message #50483 is a reply to message #50438] Mon, 08 January 2007 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I’m doing some simulation at the moment.
The JBL 2226 seems to work much better, especially with low frequencies, than B&C drivers. I could find B&C for very little price (round 50-60 euros each) but JBL are going to be my candidates.

In order to complete my decision can I also receive plans of Professional III?
Is it possible to use the JBL 2206 with the Eminence 2002 horn, maybe outside the box?

Is the low registry of Professional III considerably worst than that of Professional IV?

Re: You've got mail! [message #50487 is a reply to message #50483] Mon, 08 January 2007 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I prefer the JBL drivers too.

The Professional Series three π loudspeakers are designed to be used with a subwoofer, and need one to augment the low frequencies. The four π can be used without a subwoofer.

Previous Topic: 7 Pi plans
Next Topic: Blow Fuse!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 05:24:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout