Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, can I have the plans for the Pro 7 plans please? (nt)
Wayne, can I have the plans for the Pro 7 plans please? (nt) [message #50370] Wed, 06 December 2006 12:47 Go to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
nt

You've got mail! [message #50371 is a reply to message #50370] Wed, 06 December 2006 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Two questions [message #50374 is a reply to message #50371] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
Wayne,

Do you know if the JBL 2012 has been discontinued? I can't locate it with the usual JBL distributors.

Also, I may be using the 4 pi pro as a bass cabinet instead of the 7 cornerhorn. Do you know what changes would be needed to the crossover?

thanks a lot,

xavier

Re: Two questions [message #50375 is a reply to message #50374] Wed, 06 December 2006 20:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The last 2012's I purchased were in the summer. It wasn't that long ago, but they may have been discontinued since then. I have heard that, but haven't checked. However, the 2227 was removed from the raw components lineup, and yet it is still available. You just have to order it using the internal JBL part number instead of the retail model number we're all familiar with.

You can use the four π as the bass bin with seven π midhorn, tweeter and crossover. No changes are necessary in most cases. Naturally, since the design expects corner loading for the woofer, if used in free space, the bass will be weak. But the midhorn isn't optimal in free-space either. So the best placement is still in or near the corner, or at least back against a wall. The midhorn should be set right on top of the bass bin, to keep them close together. It is best to keep them less than a foot apart.

Previous Topic: Premium 7 Plans
Next Topic: NOA Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 28 13:28:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout