Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Satelite speaker system
Satelite speaker system [message #50248] Sun, 12 November 2006 06:27 Go to next message
Jay Egeler is currently offline  Jay Egeler
Esquire
Hi. Does anyone know anything about an older p.a. system that had 2 small satelite speakers that are mounted on microphone stands with a sub-woofer? I recently aquired this and one of the satelite speakers is blown and I would like to replace it. I don't know whether to take it to my speaker guy and have him try to fix it or just get another pair of replacement speakers. This thing sounds pretty good, but I was getting a buzz or what sounds like a blown voice coil. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks.......

Re: Satelite speaker system [message #50251 is a reply to message #50248] Sun, 12 November 2006 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those were not made by π Speakers, they were made by Music Industries. They are no longer in business. In the late nineties, they were making a speaker named "π" and we contacted them to tell them this is a trademarked name that they cannot use. They changed the name to "Prime" and then later went out of business.

Re: Satelite speaker system [message #50253 is a reply to message #50251] Sun, 12 November 2006 19:09 Go to previous message
Jay Egeler is currently offline  Jay Egeler
Esquire
Figures. They do have the "π" logo. I really thank you for the info. I'm going to call my speaker guy and see if he can fix this. They do sound good. But, I'm not going to put my Bose PAS in the closet. I wanted to have this system running so I can set up my home system for something to rehearse with. Anyway, thanks again.....Jay

Previous Topic: 2 Pi tower decision
Next Topic: Pinging Chris R.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 09:38:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout