Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » DI Matching
DI Matching [message #50219] Sat, 04 November 2006 21:27 Go to next message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Wayne- If you're so inclined, I'd like to know more about DI matching. Is there a set of equations which yields the numerical value for a given DI? What does DI stand for, anyway? Something about dispersion coverage pattern, I suspect?

Re: DI Matching [message #50222 is a reply to message #50219] Sun, 05 November 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Directivity Index is abbreviated DI. There is a pretty good explanation of it in Chapter 3 of the JBL Sound System Design Reference Manual. DI matching is a design philosophy that seeks to crossover between subsystems where directivity matches. If this isn't done then the off-axis response is poor and the reverberent field is non-uniform.

Re: DI Matching [message #50226 is a reply to message #50222] Sun, 05 November 2006 13:36 Go to previous message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Thanks, Wayne! The JBL reference is just the kind of info source I was seeking. I had some basic concept of DI matching from past discussions you've had with Bill F. as well as from an old EAW brochure.

Previous Topic: 811b's and PSD2002 in 4pi Theatre
Next Topic: Midrange driver question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 19:53:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout