Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Better port design for less dynamic compression?
Better port design for less dynamic compression? [message #50204] Sat, 28 October 2006 19:38 Go to next message
swett is currently offline  swett
Baron
JBL claims that their "Linear Dynamics Aperture" port reduces turbulence in the port and hence reduces the amount of dynamic compression in the bass range.

You can see the profile in Figure 11 in this PDF, along with a power compression graph: http://www.jblpro.com/LSR/PDF/JBL.tn_v3_2A.pdf

I'm not sure if this is something to be considered when making a port for something like a Pi speaker or if its just a matter of making your port large enough and turbulence will never be an issue?

Re: Better port design for less dynamic compression? [message #50206 is a reply to message #50204] Sat, 28 October 2006 19:47 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not really seeing much of an issue with dynamic compression in the port. As you've said, if the airspeed through the port isn't excessive, then turbulence isn't an issue.

Previous Topic: Wayne I need a speaker recommendation
Next Topic: Is that a
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 00:26:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout