Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 12Pi
12Pi [message #50171] Wed, 18 October 2006 22:40 Go to next message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Wayne- Although I've retired myself from pro audio sound reinforcement and have no room in our compact condo for a large speaker system, I still enjoy investigating what makes horn-loaded designs tick. I've purchased several BF designs, and downloaded numerous others, for that express purpose. So in that spirit, what is the going price for your 12Pi plans? I can't buy a kit because the "possible furniture" angle failed to work with my wife (WAF = 0 points, or 1/2 point if it's white)!

Re: 12Pi [message #50174 is a reply to message #50171] Thu, 19 October 2006 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll send AutoCAD plans for the 12π basshorn subwoofer. But the best information you'll find for studying the design is right here in the forum. There's a wealth of engineering and test data in the links contained in the following post. Be sure and dig down into the links, because there's a lot of useful information in there.

Re: 12Pi [message #50176 is a reply to message #50174] Thu, 19 October 2006 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Wayne-

It's very generous of you to share your design! Some items will open with my Mac, others won't. Perhaps I should consider the CD/ROM offer made in your e-mail, if they'll load onto an eMac?

As we speak, I have a retired computer guru attempting to reconcile two incompatible operating systems into a single CPU, those being an older LEAP/LMS combo on one HD, and McBean + WinISD on the other, all for the sake of space. (The Monster Lives!) Is HornResp a difficult program to learn for the Higher Math-Impaired?

Re: 12Pi [message #50177 is a reply to message #50176] Fri, 20 October 2006 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Hornresp is very easy to use. It is also extremely accurate for basshorns. As for the AutoCAD files, I think it is more to do with whether or not you have an AutoCAD viewer. DXF and DWG files can both be used on Macs, and AutoCAD is available on the Macintosh although I don't know if there is a Mac version of the viewer. If so, it can probably be downloaded for free. If you have a PC available, I can send you the Rhino version of the drawing. Rhino has an evaluation version that can be downloaded and used to view the file. It will let you scale and rotate the images and to render them in various ways, including see-through walls and things like that. I'm not sure if Rhino is available for the Macintosh.

Re: 12Pi [message #50178 is a reply to message #50177] Fri, 20 October 2006 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
The offer is much appreciated, but I won't have a PC available until the computer doctor finishes his unholy grafting of the two systems. He's being a bit stubborn about trying to making it work, so it's taking way more time than I thought.

Where can I find this AutoCAD thingy? If & when finished, Frankenputer will have basic internet capabilities for downloads, and maybe enough left-over memory for software like AutoCAD and/or Rhino plus related files.

I'm all excited, like a kid the week before Christmas, about throwing HornResp a few curve balls!

Re: 12Pi [message #50179 is a reply to message #50178] Sat, 21 October 2006 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The AutoCAD viewer is available from AutoDesk, and the Rhino program is available at their website. See the links below:

Re: 12Pi [message #50180 is a reply to message #50179] Sat, 21 October 2006 23:03 Go to previous message
Viscount
Many thanks for the directionals. Frankenputer will be finished by Tuesday; I told the computer tech about these other downloads, so now the memory's getting kcked up a notch!

Previous Topic: Theater4 Crossover
Next Topic: 2 Pi Tower port diameter.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:20:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout