Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 8pi Midhorn vs other speakers
8pi Midhorn vs other speakers [message #50148] Fri, 13 October 2006 22:13 Go to next message
Bubblersound is currently offline  Bubblersound
Esquire
Has the 8pi Midhorn been compared to anything else on the market or to DIY mids like the DR250? Are there any other spl measurements posted or any RTA's? I'm just trying to get an idea how loud they are.
BTW the response of the 8pi i saw on this forum looks similar to the midhorn response in the EAW KF850.

Re: 8pi Midhorn vs other speakers [message #50153 is a reply to message #50148] Sat, 14 October 2006 12:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not sure if you really mean the eight π loudspeaker, or if you're talking about the midhorn used in it (and also in the seven π and six π loudspeakers). You might even be talking about the midbass or midhorn used in the 9π, although it hasn't been released yet.

The midhorn used in the six, seven and eight π speakers is a hifi midhorn and doesn't go low enough to be used as a top box for the 12π basshorn subwoofer. That's what the 9π is designed for.

Assuming you mean the midhorn used in the six, seven and eight π loudspeakers, below is a measurement of it using an Eminence Delta 10. This horn is designed to be used between 250Hz and 1.6kHz, and the crossover designed for it takes into account physical placement of the midhorn, woofer and tweeter so that summing is good.

π midhorn with Delta 10 driver

Previous Topic: JBL 2012 discontinued?
Next Topic: midhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 09:51:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers