Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » brekaing in... seriously?
brekaing in... seriously? [message #49809] Fri, 04 August 2006 11:15 Go to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron

Hi All,

I notice break-in for the first time in my life:) Is this real? I was never a believer, I thought this was more due to psycho-stuff, sort of getting used to the sound etc.? and how long do the drivers need? I have a 2w SET....and I am sure I only use 0.5W of those....great with efficient speakers.

Hats off for Wayne. I finally completed the stage4 project.... life and other projects had to come first until now.

The final items were ports and insulation. I settled for some acoustic damping material designated for houses (2.5" thick) as that were all I could get fast around here. Seems to work well.

Will post pics of the finished product later...

Roland

Re: brekaing in... seriously? [message #49810 is a reply to message #49809] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
Looks good! What kind of amp are you using? I have Stage 4's, and I used an Adcom to help break them in. The speakers start out kind of stiff, and loosen up to "normal" after awhile. You'll probably notice better bass with time. Good luck with them!

Excellent! [message #49811 is a reply to message #49809] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I love the looks of your cabinet! Great work!

Re: brekaing in... seriously? [message #49812 is a reply to message #49810] Fri, 04 August 2006 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I am running a SET 2a3 in my office where they were assembled. I also have an old technichs amplifier (lol - was very impressed 15 years ago by the MOSFET logo:)..) in the living room where the speakers will go.

I have a feeling the my 2a3 SET will be shy on the bass anyways, I have small but nice audio note transformers. Nothing wrong with the midrange though..and I am not a bass freak.

My plan is either to get a PP 2a3 setup (DIY - the SETH looks interesting as does Lynn O's stuff) or build a decent tube preamp + get a solid state amplifier.

and you? Parafeed or series feed? Are you happy with your setup?

Roland

Re: Excellent! [message #49813 is a reply to message #49811] Fri, 04 August 2006 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks Wayne, although it's certainly not as fabulous as some of the other stuff I see popping up on this board...

R

Re: brekaing in... seriously? [message #49814 is a reply to message #49812] Fri, 04 August 2006 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I've got Paramours, parafeed, with lots of modifications. They sound excellent with the Stage 4's and I have excellent bass. Very happy.

Re: Excellent! [message #49815 is a reply to message #49813] Fri, 04 August 2006 22:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, I think you did a pretty good job. I think your cabinet looks great!

Previous Topic: You have to get outdoors!
Next Topic: Pics - finished pi stage4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 03:05:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout