Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Latest One Pi Towers
Latest One Pi Towers [message #49771] Tue, 25 July 2006 13:29 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Completed just this afternoon, and it's good timing because Wardsweb bought my other Alpha 8 towers at the Bottlehead meeting Saturday. These are built in a 1.3 cu ft enclosure that's made of 11 ply baltic birch veneer plywood.

I believe the Studio One Pi doesn't always get the respect it deserves because it "only" has an 8" woofer versus the 10, 12, 15, and 18" woofers of other Pi speakers. While 8" may seem small in comparison to all the others, keep in mind an 8" driver has about twice the radiating area of the 6" drivers that are common in most affordable ( and some very unaffordable) high end speakers. I'm breaking these in with Jean Gillou playing Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" on one of the larger pipe organs in Paris. Trust me, these 8" drivers will move some air.

The tower version is as easy to build as the standard enclosure, you don't need to buy stands for it, and its narrow baffle is attractive to home decor fanatics like my wife. Anybody in the Houston area who wants a pair should contact me about helping you with the enclosures. You only pay for the One Pi kits, the $31 sheet of plywood, finishing materials, plus any accessories you want like those cool Parts Express outboard spikes on mine. You get a pair of true high end speakers that can be driven by an inexpensive mass market receiver, a flea power SET amp, or anything else, for about $250 total!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2226 tuning help needed!
Next Topic: You have to get outdoors!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 22:16:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout