Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » making custom cabinets
Another question for Wayne [message #49585 is a reply to message #49580] Wed, 07 June 2006 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
James is currently offline  James
Chancellor
Hey Wayne,

You're absolutely right!!! I do have the potential to make something better than the commercial product,at the same time, risking to do a worse job too. But I do make sure that cabinets are done right and that I ask as much advice from the experienced builders such as yourself. The cabinet I would like to make need to be versatile, where single cabinets are great for small to medium venues, and sevral cabinets stacked together can be used for larger venues. I decided on either a 3-way direct radiating system with a 15" for LF, 10" for Mf, and an eminence PSD2002 compression driver for Highs. The other design would be a dual 15" 2-way cabinet. I really like the sound of three way cabinets such as the 4628B's from JBL's cabaret series (Stuff that was out before I was even born). They sound smooth and dont blast people when you place them close to a crowd. We all know that a double 15" can throw out a whopping amount of bass, but can sound harsh when using a 2 inch throat compression driver for hi mids and hi's. In your opinion, what would you pick and why???

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Please help me decide my next project : 4Pi or something else
Next Topic: Testing for T/S
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 29 16:21:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects