Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP
Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP [message #49450 is a reply to message #49427] Tue, 09 May 2006 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Schultz is currently offline  Kim Schultz
Viscount
Hi Michael.

I live in Denmark and had the same worries about what speaker brand to choose.
In the end I ended up buying Eminence for the midhorn and tweeter, you can get these at good prices from Germany.

The woofers are old JBL 2225´s i got cheap from a local PA guy.

I have thought of upgrading the tweeters to B&C drivers, as they get very good reviews, and are affordable.

Regards
Kim

Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP [message #49452 is a reply to message #49450] Tue, 09 May 2006 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For what it's worth, I like the B&C woofers but not as much as the JBLs you already have. Just make sure the cones are original and in good shape and you'll have the best.

Re: Corner horns without the triangular baffle [message #49461 is a reply to message #49428] Sun, 14 May 2006 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TomM is currently offline  TomM
Esquire
I installed the rear panels yesterday, and also removed some of the fiberglass stuffing from the midhorns (i had them fully stuffed and wasn't sure I had allowed room for the midhorn to reach as low as it should). The bass, especially the midbass, now has better definition, and overall the sensitivity is noticeably higher. By higher sensitivity the bass is fuller at lower volumes now.

Re: Corner horns without the triangular baffle [message #49464 is a reply to message #49461] Sun, 14 May 2006 12:57 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Could be that the top and bottom sections vibrated a little bit like a diving board until you added the rear panels. The design is strong and rigid when all the panels are used, but if the back is omitted, it may leave the unbraced top and bottom sections free to vibrate.

Previous Topic: Cornerhorns for this room?
Next Topic: 2 pi and PiAlign program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 01:30:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout