Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theatre 3 Pi Crossover
Theatre 3 Pi Crossover [message #49420] Mon, 01 May 2006 15:06 Go to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Hey Guys,

Long time no visit... err first-time visit since the A*d!@ Asylum.

I need help. I've got a pair of K-12s that J. Lapaire built. I need to use these at our wedding. I have a pair of Delta 12LFs and a pair of PSD2002/H295s. Essensially Theatre 3 PIs.

Can I just get away with the Theatre 3 Crossover and can anybody tell me what passive coponents are used?

Wayne can I just order the passives from you?

Time is ticking... the wedding is on the 13th!!!

Cheers,
David

Re: Theatre 3 Pi Crossover [message #49421 is a reply to message #49420] Mon, 01 May 2006 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Gotcha covered, David. I'll send the crossovers out tonight and they will be there by the end of the week.

Congrats on the wedding!

Re: Theatre 3 Pi Crossover [message #49423 is a reply to message #49421] Tue, 02 May 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
THANKS!

I'm really excited to try these... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm getting positive resposes in regards to using this x-over with the K-12s.

For giggles I might grab a pair of the Eminence x-overs as backups to try.

I'm hoping after the wedding to build a pair of Theatre 3s for the living room... the K-12s will go back to their original job as my stereo bass guitar rig

Hey, keep your eyes out for a package from Tee Pee Records... I'm sending you some music to check out.

Cheers,
David

Re: Theatre 3 Pi Crossover [message #49424 is a reply to message #49423] Tue, 02 May 2006 09:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds good. If you want to try alternate configurations, just use the PCB without the tweeter compensation cable assembly and/or without the Zobel. Hook the drivers up directly to the crossover PCB. Replacing the tweeter compesation cable with a straight cable will let you know how the tweeter sounds without CD EQ. Removing the Zobel will add a peak in response coming from the woofer around the crossover frequency.

Previous Topic: Wayne - Crossover values for 2 x 16-ohm motors in Four-Pi Pro
Next Topic: Server Problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 18:20:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout