Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP
Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP [message #49409 is a reply to message #49408] Sun, 30 April 2006 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tobias is currently offline  Tobias
Chancellor
Thanks Michael. Both the bass unit and mid horn are made from Grade A cherry veneered 3/4" plywood and solid cherry inlay and trim of various dimensions. The actual midhorn itself is the midhorn kit in cherry which Wayne sells. That saved me alot of head scratching and time. It's made of veneered mdf. Possibly 1" thick. I used 1.5" square maple cleats and joined the top, bottom and sides with deck screws and lots of glue from the interior. I trimmed out the midhorn itself with mitred solid cherry to create a flange that could be glued to the midhorn opening. After the glue set I used some low expanding foam to fill the front interior perimeter of the horn with ~3" of foam. With the back plate joined to the horn and 2 12" 1.5" square maple cleats, and the back opening trimmed with 2" square cherry, the midhorn is very heavy and solid for it's size.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cornerhorns for this room?
Next Topic: 2 pi and PiAlign program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 17:14:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout