Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Oh MY
Oh MY [message #49333] Mon, 17 April 2006 13:01 Go to next message
Larry Acklin is currently offline  Larry Acklin
Baron
So I have JBL 2205s in Piaigned "perfect" cabinets 2.1 cu ft, tuned properly (thanks to the program) and the JBL 2425Js mated to the "butt cheek" (butt ugly) horns. I scrounged up an old set of Community crossovers, 800 HZ. I added attenuation and top octave comp. to the crossovers (already were set for 8 ohm low and 16 ohm high) They are sealed (potted) in proto boxes, so they are literally black boxes to me. (yes they are black)...

And what glorious sound! The JBLs are silky smooth to the 50 hz range, smooth slope below, and the horns are fast, but without the honk, due to some agressive top end comp. I have been listening for short periods of time, but I never have anything other than a good impression.

It did take a few tries to get the comp and attenuation right, but the result is really cool.

Wayne, could you come up with white PI logos? I'll gladly pay for them and proudly attach them to my "Pi-kenstein" soon to be studio monitors.

Your program was right on target for the JBLs.

Larry

Re: Oh MY [message #49336 is a reply to message #49333] Mon, 17 April 2006 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like a great setup. I'd be happy to send you some logos. I have silver, gold and black. Just let me know which ones you'd like.

Re: Oh MY [message #49338 is a reply to message #49336] Mon, 17 April 2006 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Acklin is currently offline  Larry Acklin
Baron
Gold is the coolest. I'll PM you with my address.

Thanks

Re: Oh MY [message #49340 is a reply to message #49338] Mon, 17 April 2006 14:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds good; I'll send 'em right out.

Previous Topic: driver ?
Next Topic: Wood hf horn.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 02 00:18:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio