Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » piezo n pieces
piezo n pieces [message #49301] Tue, 11 April 2006 10:57 Go to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Hy W. just dissamble a motorola piezo and found the very same elements that currently piezos stuff, what do you think Wayne is the advantage of NOS motorola piezos in materials over current models to me they look absolutly simple tech both.

Re: piezo n pieces [message #49303 is a reply to message #49301] Tue, 11 April 2006 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Motorola/CTS piezo tweeters were pretty good, but I've never seen a copy that I liked as well. Most sound terrible, which is probably why they only cost 98ยข each. They may look the same, but they aren't. Just like cheap off-brand tires look pretty much the same as better tires, but they aren't as good. Hopefully, someone will pick up the tooling rights and start production of the Motorola units again.

Re: piezo n pieces [message #49321 is a reply to message #49303] Fri, 14 April 2006 22:24 Go to previous message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Rumor has it that someone did buy the tooling rights for the old Motorola/CTS piezo driver product line, though I have yet to see any results after more than six months of heresay. I know that Loudspeakers Plus seems to have an "unlimited" supply of KSN1188A's, but whether they stockpiled previously or have a newer source is unclear. I'd have a hard time believing that the new owners would limit their market to only one retail outlet!

Previous Topic: 7 pi bassbin
Next Topic: driver ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 08:42:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout