Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » FredT's looked so good and Shane complained, so...
Re: I wonder what's going on electrically? [message #49037 is a reply to message #49035] Tue, 07 March 2006 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
While I had the temporary set-up apart and waited for the glue and then finish to dry I was listening to the basic 2-way: 902 and 2226.
Union Station didn't sound that different but on the Redbook layer of the Stones "Hot Rocks" SACD, Mick's voice on 'Jumpin Jack Flash' was breaking glass all over the neighborhood!
When I replaced the Vifa, first thing I did was listen to "Hot Rocks" again. The edge was gone to Mick's voice and the whole song sounded a little darker.
I have/had the 902 padded 14dB and the Vifa has a 16OhmR in parallel and just the 3.0 cap in series for about a 13kHz cross.
Can the Vifa be masking the 902 that much or is there just enough resihttp://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1015/supertweeter0051bz.jpgstance change with the 2 drivers in parallel to smooth out the treble?

Besides the tone and improved imaging I also like what the super-tweeter "pod" enabled me to do for the convenience and wire dress of the cross-over.
Can you find the cat?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Superlux ECM-999 or Behringer ECM-8000 for Measurement
Next Topic: Stage 4Pi improvement
Goto Forum: