Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » First impression of Royal Cable
First impression of Royal Cable [message #48878] Thu, 16 February 2006 08:11 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Thanks to the generosity of Bill Epstein, I was able to try out bi-wired runs of 14 awg Royal Cable in my Bottlehead 2A3/ Pi Theater 4 system last night and the initial impressions w/ no break-in is favorable. Nice and clean sound with good spectral balance. Sibilences are natural sounding and piano attack, body and decay are quite nice. Pacing and soundstage portrayal are nice also. I will wait for microdynamic and holographic qualities to emerge as the image is a tiny bit "blurry" but these are new cables with only a couple of hours on them.

Compared to my magnet wire "cables" these RC cables sound a bit brighter, maybe a bit harmonically richer but not as transparent at this point; the RC's will stay in the system for quite a while for full appreciation. They definitely ar Musical with a capital "M"

Thanks, Bill!

G.

Re: Royal Cable [message #48887 is a reply to message #48878] Thu, 16 February 2006 12:45 Go to previous message
Frnak Mena is currently offline  Frnak Mena
Esquire
Eagerly waiting for your "full appreciation" system burn in review.

Thanks
FM

Previous Topic: seven pi
Next Topic: 3-Way the other Way
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 08:25:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers