Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 pi basket tweak question (long)
Theater 4 pi basket tweak question (long) [message #48643] Fri, 20 January 2006 06:51 Go to next message
Frank Mena is currently offline  Frank Mena
Chancellor
Hello!
Quite a while ago (last year me thinks )I asked about getting more bass from my Theater 4's. The responses I got suggested that the 4 pi's already had enough to begin with. Boy, were you guys right!!! What I did was tweak my pre-amp instead by installing a pseudo dual mono supply while adding some motor run caps to my Foreplay II and everything came into play just like I wished for. Just goes to show (for me at least)what the 4 pi's are capeable of. No need to tweak the 4 pi's.

Now to the question(s), to satisfy my need to tweak & change things I came across what I think is called the Moray James tweak where one jumpers the + or -ve lead to the basket. Has anyone done this with the Theater 4 pi's and gotten a good effect or not or no effect?
Next I'm going to try some Royal Speaker cable from WalMart & see if changes any thing. I'm also going try to obtain some 14 ga solid core magnet wire & use it as speaker wire & see what that does. Has anyone tried the 14 ga FIM mono crystal wire as speaker wire?

System : Foreplay II > Paramours > Theater 4 pi

Good stuff.

Thanks
Frank Mena

Re: Theater 4 pi basket tweak question (long) [message #48646 is a reply to message #48643] Fri, 20 January 2006 09:14 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You could tie one of the speaker leads to the basket, but since speaker outputs are low impedance, I don't really see any benefit. But I don't see any harm either.

Previous Topic: reconfig box .
Next Topic: GPAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 12:17:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout