Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » speaker advice
speaker advice [message #48629] Tue, 17 January 2006 15:00 Go to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Hy Wayne .sothat you have a big experience with the speakers could give me your oppinion about the Altec 14 . I just bougth a pair because the 19´s is on my most wanted speaker system list and in the number one the K-horn but I think that you erase this number 1 with your 7 pi 18 JBL. i MUST GET ONE Im saving to buy one from you ..thanks

Re: speaker advice [message #48631 is a reply to message #48629] Wed, 18 January 2006 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I really like the old Altecs. You're right that I like my speakers a lot better, but the old large Altecs are nice.

Re: speaker advice [message #48634 is a reply to message #48629] Wed, 18 January 2006 15:27 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Indeed. Altec 14's are something. Beside the speakers, the box must value as much as the speakers. It's nice and it must sound good (I never heard of a guitar made of MDF). The space between the woofer box and the tweeter is what makes the difference. I don't know if it's one speaker box or two boxes apart. If you look at altecs (and others) they are all marvellous projects, my number one choice going to JBL 4350BWX Studio Monitor. The accent is in the podiums. They never seem to tuch the ground. see MIES (architect) http://myhome.naver.net/kimhyoungwoo/images/modern/Mies%20van%20der%20Rohe-Farnsworth%20house.jpg

Previous Topic: Seven pi corner
Next Topic: 3 Pi Theater with Beta 8 Midrange
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 15:22:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout