Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great site and forum
Great site and forum [message #48482] Wed, 28 December 2005 09:13 Go to next message
john nonfb is currently offline  john nonfb
Esquire
Hi, this is my first post here, I have been looking for a horn design for a pair of JBL E155-4's I have that fits in our room, your pro series Seven Pi-18 corner horns look very interesting, I would plan to use them from 80-100Hz down, with Edgar style 80hz straight horn/EVM15L and 250Hz horn/JBL le5-2 tweeter undecided, what do you guys think?,also can I have copy of the plans to look at, Thanks John

Uniform reverberent field [message #48488 is a reply to message #48482] Wed, 28 December 2005 09:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

One of the key features of the π cornerhorn design is that all sound radiation is from sound sources with 90° flare angle. This provides very good coverage and also makes the reverberent field uniform throughout the entire audio spectrum, something that is nearly impossible with other loudspeaker designs. Early reflections are reduced while at the same time providing complete coverage and a wide "sweet spot". The sound produced from cornerhorns like these is very natural, and room treatments aren't nearly as necessary as they might be with other systems.

If you are planning to use midhorns and/or tweeters with a flare angle other than 90°, then the π cornerhorn design philosophy is lost. Please keep that in mind.

Previous Topic: better response
Next Topic: Power Compression and Heat sinks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:24:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout