Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » OT: DIY Surround Processor
Re: OT: DIY Surround Processor [message #48379 is a reply to message #48372] Fri, 09 December 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
I posted a duplicate message on the Digital froum, but it appears that there isn't much activity over there.

Yeah, the dev kit would open an entire world of decoding, processing, converting, etc. My pipedream project is to develop a power speaker system with an amp dedicated to each driver fed by an active digital crossover that handles not only the frequency distribution (for lack of a better word) but also the phase and time sync for the drivers. That way the amps are matched to the frequency range of each driver (removing many of the compromises that have to be made in amp design) and driver placement/configuration is more flexible. But to do that, I need a DSP that is relatively easy to program and still accomplish what I need. The processor would include a high rez A/D so that I could use analog sources as well.

The Pi 7's that I'm getting ready to finally build are intended to be a first step in getting to the point where the pipedream project can be realized.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: tweeter review
Next Topic: Plans for Professional 4 Pis please!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 04:27:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio