Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, cab question...
Wayne, cab question... [message #48317] Mon, 28 November 2005 08:35 Go to previous message
one_speed is currently offline  one_speed
Chancellor
A while back, I posted regarding the Fostex FW305, and you were kind enough to make some suggestions. As a quick reminder, my plan is to cross at 200hz. to a full range driver.

You recommended going up to a 4 cu. ft. cab and gave thoughts on a cross over. I have the crossover parts you recommended and am working on the cab. I made it a touch larger to make up for stuffing and the driver, about 120 liters. (problem?) I thought I'd line the box with a very thin felt I have, then use the R-13(?) to line a couple of the inside walls as you have recommended to others.

My questions are this, I did model this and thought it looked pretty good. But, remodeled it recently to double check and the curve didn't look so good this time around. Any thoughts? I was using a ported box spreadsheet for the Mac.

A friend did some work and figured two 3" x 10" ports per cab. I'm wondering if you have any thoughts or recommendations on this. Also, any thoughts on what I'd get out of this if I went sealed?

I am only on a Mac and have no way to jump on a PC and use your software. Actually, I can find very little modeling software for the Mac. I hope you don't mind me tapping you for your extensive experience and knowledge.

Cheers!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 8pi port ?
Next Topic: Eminence Gamma-15