Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ??
Re: Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48215 is a reply to message #48202] Thu, 17 November 2005 10:06 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I've been enjoying my Stage 4's with the Paramours for awhile now, they sound great. I still haven't finished the cabs yet, though... I think it takes few weeks 'til you get the drivers well broken-in; they will sound smoother with better imaging. I've tried tipping mine back a bit, not sure if it sounds a whole lot different, but I've mostly left them that way. You can tune the bass a little by moving them in against the back wall or out a foot or two, but again,this is very subtle in my room. I've replaced the little tweeter network with an Auricap and Mills resistors; helped the treble out. The parts sent with the kits are quality, but designed for much more power handling than the Paramours produce. Fun speakers- great to get that big sound out of a 2A3.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wooden horn
Next Topic: Stage Four & SET?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 26 03:14:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects