Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heat Exchanger Prototypes
Heat Exchanger Prototypes [message #48077] Thu, 27 October 2005 11:40 Go to previous message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master

These are the prototypes for hls. Pictured here is the unfinished (no vent) for the a's.

In the pic link the small round one was made 1st for the c's. As you can see, my moto tool skills in the slots leave something to be desired. It's not clear in the pic, but the venturi mouth is sweet.
I ordered the exchangers for the a's after I'd already picked up the c's. He said he had some 1-1/2 hex stock and would that work. I said sure. They kick ass. Big enough I can machine the slots with a router. I'm going to have the c's remade with it. If I had the bucks I'd just have him machine the flats in a v leaving a 6 pointed star, and then I wouldn't need the old heatsinks I robbed from a bunch of old stereos and tvs I'm going to mount on them. He's pretty excited about it too, and may just do that anyway on the new ones for the c's.

Testing starts this weekend. Probably with the a's as they're already out of the cabinets. I may not do anything with the c's until the new tubes are ready.

Leland

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Measurement Technique for Electric Bass
Next Topic: Anyone using ribbon tweeters in place of horns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 20 20:33:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio