Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What speakers would be best for my room?
What speakers would be best for my room? [message #47857] Tue, 04 October 2005 08:10 Go to previous message
imahawki is currently offline  imahawki
Chancellor

I'm attaching a picture of my room. Its under construction/modification in this picture but its the only one I have access to. Everything is setup so that the sweet spot is basically in line with those two ceiling lights. I use a front projector and there is now a screen on the front wall roughly in between where those speakers currently sit.

As you can see both the overall width of the room (25', 22' to the stairs) and the placement of the stairs on the left, precludes the use of corner horns IMO. There is also a short equipment rack between my speakers. I compensate for this now by pulling my speakers out from the wall quite a bit but I keep reading about Pi's being designed for certain placement. Would I want to go with a bass reflex design up against the front wall? Would having that rack in there (it has to stay) impact the sound dramatically? Also, I have two sperate front ends right now (DVD player, HT receiver, amp for HT vs. Arcam integrated, Arcam CD Player, Music Hall TT for stere) I'm interested in building a pair of high sensitivity speakers for use with stereo and keeping my Mirages for use with home theater.

Thoughts? I'm currently interested in the Theater 4s but am seeking input on what might be better options for my room.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bypass capacitor calculation