Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » OS Waveguides to match 12"
OS Waveguides to match 12" [message #47818] Wed, 28 September 2005 15:28 Go to previous message
Martin Goedeke is currently offline  Martin Goedeke
Esquire
So I am in the process of finalizing my OS project to have turned out of solid hardwood (probably Jackaranda) by a fortunate aquaintance and a couple of questions remain unanswered.

I am planning on a 90 degree waveguide to match my 12" P.Audio Winner 12S with an intended (active) crossover of 1.2-1.3kHz (a mini Summa without all the sci-fi box-building capabilities of the good doctor Geddes). I am thinking of making the throat seperately from the rest of the horn to allow me to play around a little if need be.

How big to I make the terminus (assuming a 2" radius round over)? Do I make the waveguide mouth before the round-over the same size of the effective diameter of the 12 (around 10-11") or does the waveguide have to be a little larger? I recon a near match is a big improvement over the RCF H100 horn atm but I might just as well hit the nail on the head first time, though I cannot go much bigger due to limits of the lathe this thing will be tuned on.

Any takers?

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help me design a simple and efficient car audio (horn? TL?) sub
Next Topic: Anyone with Pi speakers in Colorado?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:30:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio