Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » home karaoke speaker
home karaoke speaker [message #47535] Tue, 23 August 2005 19:30 Go to next message
jhovis is currently offline  jhovis
Esquire
Hello all,
I've built 13 different speakers over the last 5-yrs. All have been for HT and 2-channel music. I now need to build a set of speakers for our basement rec room that can be used for music and karaoke. I never built a Pi speaker, but when I think of stage or pro sound speakers, I always think of horns. My room is almost square and approx 16x18 w/a bar. Due to the location of the bar, I will only have one corner available. Are there any particular Pi speakers that could meet my need?
Thanks

Re: home karaoke speaker [message #47537 is a reply to message #47535] Tue, 23 August 2005 20:37 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It kind of depends on your requirements and your budget. You could start with a pair of tower two π speakers or maybe eight π's. Another very popular option is the Theater Series four π, or maybe the three π instead. The Stage or Pro four π would be very nice too. Or you could build a three-way with the π midhorn and tweeter, just like the seven π, but use a four π cabinet for a bass bin. So there are lots of good options, and you can probably find something you like that fits your budget and tastes.

Previous Topic: Sub shootout with Pi 12's ?
Next Topic: Can this be done?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 28 07:29:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout