Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » LT250 Horn Flare?
SST1 [message #47402 is a reply to message #47397] Tue, 26 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Did some reading last night and found the rule of thumb of keeping drivers under one wavelength apart of the crossover frequency. Crossing over at 1600Hz means I need to keep the drivers under 8" apart.

I also found that a horizontal placement of woofer and tweeter may not be a bad as I originally thought. I was surprised to see in Loudspeaker Cookbook that a W/T placement performs better horizontally off axis than a W-T-W placement. It seems that the extra woofer in the W-T-W creates even deeper nulls at the crossover region off axis than a simple W-T.

My new question is, what's the difference between Eminence H295 and the SST1. According to spec, they both have the same cutoff and dispersion pattern. Yet, they're different in shape. I used the H295 in my Theatre-3's and would like to keep a CD horn for centre channel. The SST1 is several inches more narrow than the H295 and would allow to to place the two drivers closer.

thanks,
Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans For 1 PI
Next Topic: Active xover's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 07 03:20:04 CDT 2024