Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hornsub shootout
Hornsub shootout [message #47388] Sun, 24 July 2005 20:30 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm putting together an event like the Great Plains Audiofest, except with emphasis on prosound gear. That pretty much means it needs to be outdoors in a large open area. One of my main reasons for this is to test out the 12π in a venue where it can be used properly. I'm primarily looking at outdoor places, and wrote letters to people that have suitable facilities. So watch the forum for more information if you're interested in attending.

Re: Hornsub shootout [message #47389 is a reply to message #47388] Sun, 24 July 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Cool. After you showed me the design and plots for that sub I can just imagine how it will sound!

Re: Hornsub shootout [message #47390 is a reply to message #47389] Sun, 24 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Maybe when the date is set certain, you can come over for a weekend getaway. I'd love to see you there!

Re: Hornsub shootout [message #47391 is a reply to message #47390] Sun, 24 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You know, if I could get a hold of our old bass player, he would be pretty interested I think in hearing these units. I think I told you about the JBL's he made with 2 18" widows in each cab. We had 4 of those cabs and about 10K watts worth of amps going through the whole PA system. Not bad for a "bar" band (read....LOUD!. Enought thump to make sure you didn't drink to much before a set started! LOL!!!

Re: Hornsub shootout [message #47392 is a reply to message #47388] Mon, 25 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Have any available fair grounds in the area? Some counties have just enormous stock sheds and rodeo facilities that would keep rain from messing you up - some with no side walls, just roof cover.

Re: Hornsub shootout [message #47394 is a reply to message #47392] Mon, 25 July 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, we do have fairgrounds but they're right in the center of the city. We'd definitely get noise complaints there. Nearby homes would probably complain about things rattled off the walls, broken glass, etc.

Ground Pounding Action, action, action! [message #47420 is a reply to message #47391] Tue, 02 August 2005 03:24 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well guys, we're in. Tulsa Raceway has agreed to allow us to host the event there. The date is Friday, October 14th, from 10:00am to 6:00pm. The price is $10.00 for admission to the raceway, and for that, you can stay all day for the prosound event and through the evening for the racing event.

After 7:00pm, the track will have car races. That night is test-n-tune, when racers are running and calibrating. You can even bring your car and run it if you want. There will be everything there from street cars to nitrous burning ground pounders. It will really be a lot of fun for the price, and you can come and go as you please through the day and evening.

The racing complex has all the power we'll need, 110v, 220v even up to 480v three-phase. So we're set for power. The stadium seating on the north side of the track provides cover, so should we get rain, our equipment won't be exposed.

I'm really looking forward to this. It should be a great time on several levels. We can test and examine our sound equipment all afternoon, and check out the cool cars all evening. Everyone is welcome, DIY and pros, so please come on out.

If you need suggestions on hotels or anything else about the area, please contact me. I'll setup a little website at www.ProsoundShootout.com to provide information and list who is planning to attend. If you intend to be there and want to have your gear listed, please let me know and send some pics. I'll put it up so people can see who's coming. We'll also post photos and test results after the event.

Previous Topic: Active xover's
Next Topic: pi 2 monitor...wayne and others- plans for 1 pi and 2pi monitor pls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 06:41:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout