Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2.1? 5.1? whats the diff??
2.1? 5.1? whats the diff?? [message #47324] Mon, 18 July 2005 19:44 Go to next message
Tony is currently offline  Tony
Chancellor
ok- im looking to buy some new computer speakers, not going all out on high quality speakers- but somthing decent anyway... SO whats the difference between 2.1 and 5.1 or 7.1 speakers??

Re: 2.1? 5.1? whats the diff?? [message #47325 is a reply to message #47324] Mon, 18 July 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
the # of channels- the 1 is the subwoofer, which is "the bass" for the whole system since it's less directional, and then the other is the number of other channels- 2.1 is a stereo pair for higher frequencies, plus a subwoofer, etc. on up....You need to have receiver/amps/sound card and sources compatible with the speaker system

If you have room, the Pi Ones would make *great* speakers for the 2,5, or 7 parts...or the Pi Twos, and get powered subwoofer if you don't wanna build one. If you wanna build one, ask Wayne for some plans.

Re: 2.1? 5.1? whats the diff?? [message #47338 is a reply to message #47325] Tue, 19 July 2005 21:38 Go to previous message
Tony is currently offline  Tony
Chancellor
hey- thx a lot man! That clears up a few problems i was having in deciding what to get... im not too careful about whats what in speakers... basicly as long as they have decent subwoofer and overall sound. I bet this point of view would make me an outcast here so ill be going now- Thx again "Matts"

Previous Topic: 8 Pi's
Next Topic: Wayne
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 18:56:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout