Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2206 Box port placement
2206 Box port placement [message #47321] Mon, 18 July 2005 00:37 Go to next message
andreaspaulsen is currently offline  andreaspaulsen
Esquire
Hi Wayne, All

I am nearly finished with my 2206 based system. the box is 32 liters and I am aiming for a port tuning of 60Hz. As the baffle is small and the tweeter (ribbon, philips rsq8p) is physically large and the baffle is 2 inches thick, The port is going to be with a relatively large area with a lenght of 2 inches. I am making the port oval. I have 2 options for port placement. 1) directly under the woofer very close to the edge of the cone. would that give me problems with midrange sounds escaping from the inside ?

2) behind the tweeter.
The speaker is going to be suspended from the ceiling in a corner. So there will be some air behind the box, this might be a good way of making an acoustic low pass for midrange sounds excaping from the port.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Cheers
Andreas

Re: 2206 Box port placement [message #47322 is a reply to message #47321] Mon, 18 July 2005 05:57 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like placing them diagonally from the woofer and making mirror images of the pair. It works well and looks cool too.

Previous Topic: Wayne, would you please send me the 4Pi Pro plan?
Next Topic: 8 Pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 16:21:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout