Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 3 Theater Question
Re: Done! [message #47149 is a reply to message #47148] Sat, 18 June 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks great, Fred! Can't wait to check 'em out, maybe at one of the club meetings. What veneer and finish do you plan to use?

Re: Done! [message #47151 is a reply to message #47149] Sun, 19 June 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I was thinking about red oak veneer sides with the fronts and backs painted satin black. It will look very much like the XT8 arrays. I'll probably use the same stain, but they will have the oak grain instead of the cherry I used on the arrays.

Breaking News [message #47160 is a reply to message #47148] Tue, 21 June 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
With some breakin time these really are good speakers. I have tried them with a couple of ss amps including a small NAD integrated and a big DK Design Group hybrid integrated plus various tube amps ranging from 2A3's to an pair of 845 monoblocks and an Ella KT88 pp amp. Interestingly, my favorite of all the amps with these speakers are the Bottlehead Paramours. These are only the second speakers I have owned that are efficient enough to play at satisfying levels with these 3.5 watt 2A3 SET's (the others were Klipsch Cornwalls which I don't like nearly as much as the 3 Pi's). I won't get around to veneering the enclosures until after the next Houston Audio Society meeting which will be at my house on July 9th. At this meeting we will be listening to these speakers and the new line arrays driven by several SET and PP triode amps including a big Cayin with four 6C33C output tubes, Manley Neo Classic 250 monoblocks, etc. In the meantime I did get around to building some boxes to improve the appearance of the tweeters, which are pictured in the link below.

Re: Breaking News [message #47165 is a reply to message #47160] Wed, 22 June 2005 03:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The speakers look great with your addition of the tweeter boxes. I can hardly wait to see them with a veneer and finish. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Previous Topic: Wayne, can you e-mail me the plans for Studio 2 Pi towers & Stage Pi 4 ?
Next Topic: Pi to One Million Places
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 21:31:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout